Okay. Let’s go on a little rant here, shall we?
I saw this video on tumblr and within the first 25-35 seconds, I became enraged at the bigotry and close mindedness that is this blond guest bitch.
First off, Alison (singer/artist) went from a size 22 to a size 10 and wants to return to her chubby size
Rachel, red-head, is a plus sized model and supports Alison’s decision. However, Katie (career unknown), says that “fat and beautiful” is just an excuse to not work out.
LET ME MAKE A LIST WHILE I WATCH THE VIDEO OF THINGS THAT ARE WRONG/CORRECT:
- IF YOU WANT TO BE FAT THEN BE FAT! DON’T LET ANYBODY TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT! IF YOU THINK YOU LOOK BETTER AS A BIGGER PERSON, THEN SO BE IT! YOU CAN BE FAT AND HEALTHY! JUST BECAUSE YOU’RE FAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE HEALTH ISSUES!
- Being fat and being confident and comfortable with your body is not a declination of wanting to get exercise.
- To say that you believe someone is in denial because they are big and have confidence is superfluous and invalid. I believe that I am beautiful and for the first time I’m announcing that I am a size 22 JUST LIKE ALISON! (the girl who went from a size 22 to a size 10)
- Katie says “[Being fat] is just an excuse for eating as much as you want”. CORRECTION! Just because you are fat does not mean you are gorging yourself all day long. Granted, bigger people may eat bigger portions, but that is not always the case. Some women who are bigger have slower metabolism than that of other women.
- Katie also says “To call yourself ‘plus sized’ is simply a euphuism of being fat and who wants to be fat?” WELL OBVIOUS THE PLUS SIZED WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO YOU, YOU IGNORANT FUCK! And also the woman who lost weight and is now working to gain it back.
- Rachel, the plus sized model featured on the show, believes that losing or not losing weight is purely based on being healthy. YOU CAN BE FAT AND BE HEALTHY! YOU CAN BE SKINNY AND BE HEALTHY! YOU CAN HAVE A CHUB OF A BELLY AND BE PERFECTLY HEALTHY!
- Katie says “If you are obese, you are less healthy.” Not necessarily, there miss blondie. Ever met a skinny girl? A morbidly skinny woman? Or man. That is also LESS HEALTHY! It’s not just obesity, it is also those men and women that starve themselves and get below their weight and become unhealthy (“less healthy”) that is ALSO AN ISSUE!
- Katie is upset that there is a plus sized section in stores for children 3-16. THAT IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM! THAT IS THE PARENTS PROBLEM FOR HAVING POOR DIET FOR THEIR CHILDREN! Granted, overweight children may have health issues, BUT IF THEY DON’T AND THEY’RE JUST FUCKING FAT THEN THAT IS PERFECTLY FINE!
- The woman co-host brings up anorexia in children 5-7 and KATIE SAYS IT IS “AN EXTREME EXAMPLE”! Oh, really? And your example of walking into a clothing store and seeing a plus sized section for children is not an “extreme example”?
- Rachel says “Children should be allowed to be children and I don’t think that the looks should come into whatsoever. We should be teaching tolerance and balance in their lives as opposed to being looks associated and obsessing about how other people perceive you.” EXACTLY
- Rachel says she feels intimidating just going out in jogging attire and has a hard time finding flattering outfits because of her size. Society sees fat women (and men) as lazy, unmotivated and a danger to the youth by encouraging them to be overweight. Which is absurd in every way.
- Katie retorts that “big is not beautiful” due to the fact that flattering clothes are not found in sizes 12 and up. WHICH IS NOT THE FAT PERSONS PROBLEM! IT IS SOCIETY! FAT PEOPLE CAN’T FIND CUTE AND FLATTERING CLOTHES IN THEIR SIZE BECAUSE SOCIETY SAYS YOU ARE NOT SEXY FOR BEING THIS BIG AND YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO FEEL AND LOOK AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU FEEL! THIS IS FUCKED UP AND NOT RACHELS FAULT AT ALL! NOR IS IT ALISONS! NOR IS IT ANY WOMAN OR MAN THAT DESIRES TO WEAR CLOTHING THAT SMALLER PEOPLE WEAR!
- JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE SKINNY DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE HAPPY AND HAVE LOADS OF ENERGY! Again, restating my previous statement. You can be skinny and be miserable. You can be skinny and have health issues. You can be skinny and not beautiful. You can be skinny and absolutely hideous for the way you act and treat people.
- BEAUTY IS BASED ON HOW YOU SEE YOURSELF AND HOW OTHERS SEE YOU! IT IS NOT NUMBERS ON A FUCKING SCALE!
- The social media tells women (and men) that if you want to be beautiful, you must be skinny and fit and aesthetically appealing in order to be healthy WHICH IS WRONG!
At about 7 minutes in, I felt as if I was repeating myself. The blond bitch, Katie, keeps pushing the “fact” that skinny is where everyone aspires to be. No. People aspire to be happy and healthy. If that means you’re a size 26 or a size 2, IT SHOULD NOT MATTER! If you’re happy, healthy, confident, have pride in yourself and your future then you are.
You are what you see yourself as!
You are whatever you want to be!
It’s your body and your life and if someone has a problem with YOUR body and YOUR life, then apparently they have some body-issues of their own that they are not satisfied with.
I am a size 22 and I am perfectly fine with that! I have been ridiculed my whole life for being overweight, but it’s what I’ve always been! I’m comfortable with it. Granted, I’m working on getting healthier and losing a bit of weight, but I still plan on being fat/chubby. I don’t want to be model thin or fit or anything like that. I’d like to get down a few jean sizes so it’s easier and cheaper to find pants to fit me. I also want to get rid of my arm fat so I can wear dresses.
AND THAT’S OKAY! YOU CAN BE A SIZE 16/18 AND BE PERFECTLY BEAUTIFUL AND THAT IS OH FUCKING KAY!
I just want to punch that Katie twat in the fucking nose.
Any questions or concerns you can leave them in the comment section.
Thank you and have a great day.